MAY 20-22: NCAA LIVE RECRUITING PERIOD
GIRLS teams in the 12U through 11th Grade divisions from across the North American continent. Teams will be accepted on a “first come, first served” basis until maximum capacity is reached.
OPEN TO 12U-11TH GRADE GROUPS
In accordance with USA Basketball’s Grade and Age Eligibility Requirements, the following competition divisions will be offered at the GymRat CHALLENGE
- 11th Grade– Athletes must be enrolled in the 11th grade or below (as of October 1, 2021) AND cannot turn 19 prior to September 1, 2022
- 10th Grade– Athletes must be enrolled in the 10th grade or below (as of October 1, 2021) AND cannot turn 18 prior to September 1, 2022
- 9th Grade– Athletes must be enrolled in the 9th grade or below (as of October 1, 2021) AND cannot turn 17 prior to September 1, 2022
- 14U– Athletes cannot turn 15 prior to September 1, 2022 (age division, no grade exceptions)
- 13U– Athletes cannot turn 14 prior to September 1, 2022 (age division, no grade exceptions)
- 12U– Athletes cannot turn 13 prior to September 1, 2022 (age division, no grade exceptions)
PLAYER ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION
It is the responsibility of the head coach to provide age and grade (if applicable) verification for players at any time throughout the tournament. Permitted forms of player age verification include birth certificates, passports and government-issued IDs (originals, hard copies or digital copies). Permitted forms of player grade verification include school-issued report cards or school administrator confirmation of grade issued on school letterhead (originals, hard copies or digital copies).
USA BASKETBALL COACH LICENSE INFORMATION
The USA Basketball Coach License program focuses on educating coaches while ensuring the safety of those with whom the coach may come in contact. The program is designed to develop an inclusive basketball community of credible, qualified and dedicated coaches and administrators who serve the game.
There are two USA Basketball Coach License types: gold and associate. Both licenses require successfully passing a background check and completing online courses. The gold license provides additional benefits and coaching resources, but either license type is permitted for all coaches and bench personnel participating in Alliance Tournaments.
* While either license type is permitted for Official Qualifiers, coaches and event operators participating in NCAA-Certified events are still required to obtain a USA Basketball Gold Coach License, as mandated by the NCAA. More information can be found at https://www.usab.com/youth/development/coach/coach-license.aspx
COACH LICENSE SEASON
All licenses are valid from completion date through August 31st of the license year.
PROCESS TO OBTAIN A COACH LICENSE
- Step 1: Go to https://community.usab.com/
- Step 2: Select PROCEED under Coach Registration.
- *If you had an account in the previous season, click LOGIN in the top right corner and follow the prompted steps to renew your license.
- Step 3: Enter your account information, select your license type and pay the corresponding fee.
- Step 4: On your dashboard, select the BACKGROUND SCREENING bubble to begin your check through our screening partner Verified Volunteers.
- Step 5: On your dashboard, select the COURSES bubble and complete the required courses in your account.
Once your background check is clear and you have completed your courses, you will become licensed for the season and receive the benefits associated with your license level. Once licensed, set your online coach account profile to “public” view to allow for real-time verification of licensure.
AS ONE OF THE MOST RESPECTED DEVELOPERS OF GRASSROOTS EVENTS IN AMERICA, GymRat BASKETBALL IS PARTNERING WITH THE DEVELOPER OF THE LARGEST INDOOR ATHLETIC FACILITIES IN THE NATION TO BRING YOU THE GymRat CHALLENGE AT CHAMPION MILL FROM DURING THE NCAA’S LIVE RECRUITING PERIOD FROM MAY 20-22, 2022. IN ADDITION TO THE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS IN ALBANY, NY THAT HAVE BEEN A LEGENDARY PART OF THE BASKETBALL LANDSCAPE FOR 25 YEARS. WE’RE ADDING A NEW EVENT TO THE CALENDAR IN 2022 IN THE HEART OF THE MIDWEST….AND IT’S GONNA LIGHT UP THE NCAA’S MAY LIVE RECRUITING PERIOD….WITH OVER 300 TEAMS FROM ACROSS THE UNITED STATES & CANADA COMPETING AGAINST EACH OTHER IN THE LARGEST INDOOR ATHLETIC FACILITY ON THE CONTINENT IN FRONT OF HUNDREDS OF COLLEGE COACHES EAGER TO DEFINE THEIR NEXT RECRUITING CLASSES….AS WELL AS NATIONAL TALENT EVALUATORS FROM ESPN AND THE McDONALD’S ALL-AMERICAN GAME!!!! AS THE SINGLE LARGEST EVENT OF ITS KIND IN THE EASTERN UNITED STATES, AND THE THIRD LARGEST EVENT OF ITS KIND ON THE ENTIRE NORTH AMERICAN CONTINENT, REPUTATIONS ARE EARNED AT THE GymRat CHALLENGE. THE GymRat CHALLENGE HAS BECOME A RITE OF PASSAGE FOR TODAY AND TOMORROW’S NCAA AND WNBA STARS. FROM WNBA ALL-STAR AND SCORING CHAMP EPIPHANY PRINCE TO REIGNING WNBA MVP AND FOUR-TIME U.CONN NATIONAL CHAMPION BREANNA STEWART, SINCE 1998, THE GREATEST PLAYERS ON THE PLANET HAVE COME TO THE GymRat CHALLENGE TO PROVE THEMSELVES AGAINST TOP COMPETITION. WITH UNPARALLELED COVERAGE FROM COLLEGE COACHES, SCOUTING SERVICES, AND BASKETBALL PUBLICATIONS, MORE PLAYERS ARE RECRUITED OUT OF THE GymRat CHALLENGE THAN ANY OTHER EVENT IN THE NATION.
- FOUR game guarantee with additional games for Championship Round qualifiers
- All three days of competition will take place during the NCAA’s LIVE recruiting period from May 20-22 allowing Division I coaches to be in attendance.
- Media coverage from ESPN National talent evaluators and writers, as well as McDonald All-American voters
- GymRat Evaluation Team on hand throughout the weekend for talent evaluation & selection of All-GymRat CHALLENGE team and MVPs in each age division for inclusion in the GymRat REPORT that is available to every college coach in the nation
- Potential for MAXIMUM of 6 games over the event weekend
- POOL PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP FORMAT
- POOL PLAY concludes at 11:15 AM on the final day of competition
- Pool Champions& potential Wildcard teams advance to the CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND beginning at 1:35 PM on the final day of competition
- CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND format includes
- Bracket play based on POOL PLAY performance and resulting CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND seed
- Single elimination with MAXIMUM of three games in CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND play
- Champions awarded in each CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND bracket
- This three-game maximum CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND formatreduces fatigue and results in higher quality performance in all brackets of the CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND
- This format allows all CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND qualifiers to play a minimum of one and a maximum of three games in this highly competitive round.
- This format preserves the legendary trademark Championship –style of the GymRat CHALLENGE, allows for national recognition for winners in all brackets, and allows for early conclusion times for all teams.
- Discounted HOTEL rates for all participants
- Certified referees for all games.
- Athletic Trainers on site
- The Champion Mill Sports Complex….THE LARGEST INDOOR ATHLETIC FACILITY ON THE NORTH AMERICAN CONTINENT
- A WORLD-CLASS LOCATION to host a major basketball recruiting and exposure event
- At 691,000 square feet, Spooky Nook Champion Mill in Hamilton, Ohio is North America’s largest indoor sports facility.
- 28 permanent courts under one roof
- ALL Champion Mill basketball courts are PERMANENT SURFACES (14 hardwood courts & 14 multi-sport surface basketball courts)….NO TEMPORARY COURTS. NO PLAYING ON PLASTIC TILES. JUST PERMANENT COURTS DESIGNED FOR MAJOR BASKETBALL EVENTS
- ADDRESS: 601 North B St., Hamilton, OH 45013
- Take a virtual tour at https://www.spookynooksports.com/hamilton/about/facilities
MAY 20-22, 2022….during the NCAA’s LIVE Recruiting and Evaluation Period
ONE OF THE MOST CREDIBLE & RESPECTED GRASSROOTS BASKETBALL EVENT OPERATORS COMBINED WITH THE PREMIERE & LARGEST ATHLETIC VENUE ON THE CONTINENT….The GymRat CHALLENGE is a true test of both basketball skill and will where today’s NCAA and WNBA stars have come to earn their reputations over the past two and a half decades. Since 1998, players from 4-time NCAA Women’s Final Four MVP, 4-time U. CONN National Champion, 2018 WNBA MVP and Olympic Gold Medalist Brenna Stewart to Stewart’s National Championship teammate and current Phoenix Mercury Bria Hartley to former WNBA scoring champion Epiphany Prince as well as many, many more have arrived at the GymRat CHALLENGE to compete and be seen, and exited the GymRat CHALLENGE having catapulted themselves to the top of recruiting boards everywhere.
WITH UNPARALLELED COVERAGE FROM COLLEGE COACHES, SCOUTING SERVICES, AND BASKETBALL PUBLICATIONS, MORE PLAYERS ARE RECRUITED OUT OF THE GymRat CHALLENGE THAN ANY OTHER EVENT IN THE NATION. With team and individual NATIONAL NOTORIETY on the line, those that perform well in this high visibility event receive an unparalleled boost in recruiting exposure. Each year several All-GymRat CHALLENGE selections are tabbed by the GymRat CHALLENGE Evaluation Team as rising members of their classes both nationally as well as regionally in their home areas of the country. All of this, combined with a reputation as the best organized event in the nation, makes the GymRat CHALLENGE one of the most complete and competitive stops on the summer basketball schedule.
With a huge field comprised of some of the top club basketball programs in North America, the GymRat CHALLENGE boasts an indisputable prominence and acclaim from teams, coaches, and scouting services across the continent. With teams throughout the country building their national schedules to include this event, the GIRL’s GymRat CHALLENGE at CHAMPION MILL is guaranteed to be SOLD-OUT WELL IN ADVANCE OF THE OPENING TIP-OFF. TEAMS THAT WISH TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GIRL’S GymRat CHALLENGE at CHAMPION MILL, ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO REGISTER AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE IN ORDER TO GUARANTEE THEIR PROGRAM’S SPOT IN THE TOURNAMENT FIELD, AVOID THE WAITING LIST, & GAIN ACCESS TO ANNUAL EARLY REGISTRATION NOTIFICATION. CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL REGISTRATION MATERIALS.
To Register visit https://gymratchallenge.com/gymrat/
Tournament Executive Director: John Kmack